Vaidyagrama - Healing Village
Vaidyagrama is a visionary healing village directed by Dr. Ramkumar, an Ayurvedic doctor and teacher hailing from the famous AyurVeda Pharmacy family of South India. Vaidyagrama is the first genuinely green Ayurveda hospital which is environmentally friendly, chemical free and self-sufficient. It offers Ayurvedic care of uncompromising quality utilizing traditional methods for the full range of illnesses. Concepts of renewable energy such as solar energy, wind energy, bio-mass, waste water recycling and management; as also in its construction with a minimum of cement and steeland more of natural products. It will thus have minimum pollutants thus maintaining pure air & ambiance.
Sun rises in the horizon. Spice rise in the backyard.
Health meals can by tasty and served with style!
Naturally ventilated interior. Natural ventilation for the mind.
• Each area has a physician’s house, therapist’s rooms and 3 patient buildings.
• Each patient cottage has a bedroom, a balcony and an en suite bathroom.
• The rooms are simple, in keeping with traditional ecological materials. They are comfortable, even without air-conditioning as that is considered detrimental to the health. However they do have fans and windows.
• Twin beds in each room
• Mosquito nets for the beds in addition to netted doors and windows
• Natural fumigation of rooms using neem
• Cupboard, tables and chairs
• Comfortable seating in the balcony to enjoy the natural panorama.
• Hot drink making facilities
Extra Chargeable Services
• Activities or tours to city
• Take home medicines
• Astrological consultation
• Cooking classes
Dr Ramdas, chief physician with his 11 month old girl (2010 Jan)
Ayurveda Therapies for specific conditions
All classical and Ayurvedic treatments are available and will be prescribed by the Ayurvedic physician after the initial consultation. Daily consultations with the doctor ensure all progress is monitored. For a menu and explanation of possible treatments please see- http://www.ayurvedahealthresorts.com/therapies.html
Endless backyard. Seamless nature.
Best Seasons to Stay
Your treatment program
Treatment commences with a consultation wherein your physicians and you get to know each other better. Accordingly an Ayurveda healing program suited to your constitution, health problems and available time is created that is upgraded on a daily basis following regular interaction.
Mural of Lord Dhanwantari, the divine healer.The program includes herbal teas and powders, external body treatments, simple easy-to-digest vegetarian diet and lots of rest (physical and mental). Daily evaluation is done through consultation and counseling.
What to do at vaidyagrama
• Short reading
• Light walking
• Listening to instrumental music/devotional music/motivational talks
• Stress-free conversations
• Preserve your energy by going to bed early,
• Chewing food thoroughly, sipping water slowly
• Keeping a diary about what you are grateful about today
• Helping with small things
• Prayers …
• Learn Sanskrit chants at the prayer / meditation session daily dawn & dusk
• Indoor games
• Make your own Ayurvedic candles with recycled materials (on request)
• Visit the Goshala, home for the cows at Vaidyagrama
• Imbibe the Green concepts such as Permaculture Natural farming, Solar heating, Biomass cooking, Mud-block construction, Rainwater harvesting, Energy Conservation, Waste recycling, Natural living*
Check-in / check-out time